Thursday, July 30, 2009

Phi Sigma Sigma? It's all about perpetuity...


As I was packing for Convention this year, I got to thinking about the way that Phi Sigma Sigma has been there for me throughout my life... when I needed to connect with people in college, Phi Sig was there. When I moved to a new city after grad school and needed to make friends, Phi Sig was there. In fact, as I look over my past, Phi Sig has been an important part of almost half my life. And now, as my perspective on life has changed - as I have a new little legacy to fill my days (and nights - let us not forget those) with joy, I'm really happy that Phi Sigma Sigma will continue to be there for me... because it will also be there for Chloe.

They say that the alumnae years are the giving years and maybe that's true, but in the warmth of my sisters' love, I realize that I'm getting quite a lot, too. We, on the Foundation board, hope that all of you take a moment this weekend - whether you are here or not - to reflect on the strength and wonder of this amazing sisterhood.

With love,
Heather Kelley
Foundation Secretary

P.S. from Chloe
I couldn't help but notice the large package of baby goodies in the Foundation auction this year. Lamaze toys. Lots of them. Mommy better plan accordingly or there will be fussing. Bid high, Mommy. Bid high.

No comments: