Monday, November 24, 2008

Nash's Donor Tour Part II

It’s Nash, here again with another update on my awesome “Donors Rock” tour. I continued my travels meeting sisters both in Philadelphia area and neighboring New Jersey as well….


November 19 – I ventured across the bridge to visit our fabulous women at Zeta Pi, The College of New Jersey (TCNJ). Over a delicious pasta dinner, we shared some Phi Sig history and lots of good stories. Thank you for cooking for me and welcoming me on my first ever visit to this campus. It was really fun!


November 20 - I was delighted to have coffee with two very special alumnae at Starbucks on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania. It was wonderful catching up with Heather Kelley, a Beta Psi alumna and current Foundation Secretary and Diane Spatz, a Nu alumna, who is a Foundation Director Emeritus and the long standing CKA at Xi Chapter, Temple University.


November 20 – Dodgeball, anyone? How fun it was to watch the sisters of Zeta Gamma chapter at West Chester University compete among themselves in their first annual Phi Sig Olympics. The chapter divided themselves into teams complete with names, t-shirts, and cheers while having a blast playing dodgeball, answering trivia questions, and other fun activities. Following the game, it was so nice to tour their house and chat with the sisters about how the university has changed since I was their CKA in the 1990s. Thank you for hosting me and allowing me to share your entertaining games!


November 23 – I was thrilled to have lunch with Beta Alpha alumna Bonnie Diamond Aaron, who served the Foundation as a former Philanthropy and Fundraising Chairman. Since it’s been years since we’ve seen each other, it was wonderful to touch base, get up to date, and share family photos with each other.


November 23 - I traveled to New Jersey again, this time to attend a meeting with the sisters of Theta Eta chapter at Rider University. We had a blast remembering our Phi Sig history. After the meeting, I toured the house which is very impressive. Thank you to the women at Theta Eta for allowing me to visit where I had such a good time!


November 24 – I was honored to have lunch with Past Grand Archon and Phi Sig icon, Veachey Rudolph Bloom. If you think I tell good stories, then you haven’t had the pleasure of hearing Veachey speak. I could listen to Veachey talk all day and all night about her Phi Sig experiences…she’s a Phi Sig treasure!


November 24 – For my final visit, I was honored to attend a very lovely ritual meeting at Gamma Xi chapter at Widener University. Following the meeting, we had a question and answer session, and then I toured the Manor, their beautiful home. Thanks to all my Gamma Xi sisters for a terrific evening!


It’s been a whirlwind couple of weeks, but an extremely exhilarating experience. Our chapters continue to aim high and I know our Founders would be so proud of them. Thanks to everyone for hosting me with such warmth and enthusiasm.


One thing is for sure, our DONORS ROCK!! Look out, Nash may be dropping by to see you soon!

No comments: