Saturday, July 31, 2010

Far too many miracles to count... (Robyn Carr, Theta Psi at Alma College)

My first experience volunteering at the Games in Louisville was life-changing - and Madison is proving to be the same!

From the moment I arrived and started seeing all our sisters experiencing the Games for the first time, I have been reminded of the reason we are here. Organ donation and transplantation IS important, and we are here supporting that cause and spreading the word with you and our many readers.

I love that as we participate for the third time (woo hoo, go Phi Sig!) people here know who we are and why we are here. Comments like "Oh, you're the sorority...! I have your pin from last time!" bring a smile to my face.

I have met too many amazing recipients and donor families to count - and later, I will write about the most touching so far as well as telling you about my experience recording a segment that might be used in a documentary about transplantation. It's called "The Power of Two." You'll also hear more about my new tattoo and pin. (Don't worry, Mom, it's a temporary tattoo!)

No comments: