Saturday, July 31, 2010

We're working hard to represent you here at the Games!

Missy with her life-giving coffee!
Greetings from the Phi Sig Games Coordinator! OK, this is the first chance I've actually had to sit down and write some thoughts about the Games.... I am having such an incredible time - I love the atmosphere here! There is so much energy, and it's such an incredible celebration of life.

I am currently sitting at the Expo booth, where I've had the chance to talk to organ recipients as well as donor families. Every story gives me chills. It's only Saturday afternoon, and we have been so busy - whether at the Expo, cheering on the dancers at ballroom dancing last night or running the 5K.  Next is swimming, team tailgate and the opening ceremony - all places where transplant-recipient athletes and donor families will see our Phi Sig sisters volunteering.

I am loving every second and don't want it to end.  I have had the chance to find athletes I met in Pittsburgh 2 years ago and enjoy seeing the way they have grown and changed!

OK.... Gotta run! Marianne Cohen is here and ready for us to go to swimming. ... I am so excited to see the athletes compete.  Look for more updates from me (through Lisa, our onsite blogging queen, who is on my speed-texting dial). Thank goodness for cell phones, because we have all been texting and communicating on a constant basis! (Foundation President Katie Herschede even called me while I was on the 5K run and told me, Jess Berner and Marianne Cohen to turn around and run back to the Monona Terrace so she could take a pic.... But, it didn't happen - as we were on the move, haha). More soon!

1 comment:

Laurie Elise Garvin said...

Aim High If there is room on the foundation I wish to
volunteer
Laurie Elise Garvin
Beta Delta 87