Sunday, July 13, 2008

Aubrey's Blog~!

Kokomo girls

From Aubrey Birden, Games athlete and Phi Sig sister from IE Chapter, Kokomo (pictured far right):

Hello my fellow sisters!!!!

I am having such an AMAZING time here in Pittsburgh. So far this weekend, I had the pleasure of being part of Team Indiana for the first time, meeting Mr. Larry Hagman again, and the Chairman of the NKF, Tom M. I was also asked to be interviewed by Bristol-Myers Squibb Company which was very touching and fun~! Today, I will be competing in Table Tennis; the following days, I will be playing badminton, and bowling. I hope to go for gold, but I'm really here just to have fun and support my team, Phi Sig and, of course, organ donation. I think the best thing that has happened so far was meeting Larry. He is such an inspiration, I was even able to sit at his table and talk to him the whole reception!

I hope that all my sisters who came this year are having a great time volunteering. It really, really means a lot to me and all the athletes! I hope that the next games, even more of my sisters will be coming. It is a very unique experience! I love you all and want to say thank you soooooooo much for all your love, support, and sisterhood. And thank you to Foundation for doing everything you do for me! You all are such an inspiration and I look up to all of you!!! I LOVE YOU!~!! PSLM~!!!!

****~~~Aubrey Birden~~~***
Chapter Iota Epsilon

No comments: