Saturday, July 12, 2008

Phi Sigs are running fools - and keep me hopping!

OK, I'm working the Expo booth, lightly editing blog entries, meeting and greeting the occasional athlete who thinks our Phi Sig volunteer T-shirts are freebies (not so, making for some interesting conversations, haha) AND, somehow, I'm also fielding phone calls from younger sisters at the swimming competition. Reason? Sisters volunteering over there are learning they can sign up for tomorrow's 5K over here, even if they aren't registered as athletes.

So this is the kind of phone call I'm getting (that is, since the first sister got hold of me - because now, I'm like the 5K hotline): "Hi, Lisa? I know you are really really busy.... But if you have a sec, could you run to registration and get me hooked up with the 5K? Oh, and pick up a small T-shirt for me? I'll pay you back at dinner! You're the best!"

I'm currently out $40! Does my Phi Sig love know no bounds?

Ciao for now!

Lisa R.

No comments: