Tuesday, July 15, 2008

'I loved the Games, and Chris Klug, and ... everything!'

From Ashley Ferrentino, EZ chapter sister (and one of the Phi Sig 5K runners from Sunday a.m.!)

After spending 2 days at the Transplant Games this past weekend, the only thing that I can say is WOW! It was such a wonderful experience, seeing people from all over the U.S., hearing stories that made me cry, meeting my new hero (U.S. Olympic snowboarder Chris Klug), running in the 5K race, and spending some quality time with my fellow sisters.

It was an eye-opening experience that made me think about a lot of things. Since the opening ceremonies on Saturday night, I am seriously considering putting my name on a "live donor" list in hopes of changing someone's life. I know this is a serious thing, but I really am thinking about it!

I hope there's a way I can go to the next one in 2010!

LITP, {Looking Into Trans-Planting? hahaha)
Ash

P.S.... Bill Wohl is my new hero (google him!)
P.P.S....HELLLLLLLOOOOO CHRISSSSSSS <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of donating as well Ashley. Volunteering at the Transplant Games this year, put me into a different frame of mind and that's why have been reading info on what donating an organ entails so I can make a more informed desition. I have trying to make a difference in society ever since I joinned Phi Sigma Sigma, but I think it's only now that I understand what self-less giving truly means.

Your sister,

Diana Dellacava
Beta Pi Chapter @
Queens College, NY