Saturday, July 12, 2008

First blog from Nash - the hugging, crying, Phi Sig-motivating love machine!

FROM: "Nash," Nancy Hay (as dictated to Lisa R., her roomie, while we are at the Expo!)

Weeeee're off to a great start today! Our presence at the Games has definitely made an impact.... The Phi Sigs are EVERYWHERE, and they (meaning the staff, athletes, donor families and living donors) LOVE US and appreciate the fact that we are here in full force.

I've seen people I met two years ago (note from Lisa: AND SHE HAS HUGGED EVERY ONE WITH ABANDON!!!... continuing on with Nash's dictation now...), and I've met lots of new faces too! We're getting ready to go to swimming soon and are very excited to let the Games begin.

On a personal note, I've only cried once so far! (Lisa note: And she has the Kleenex box ready at all times, trust me!) For those of you who know me, that's saying something, haha! But tonight, at the opening ceremonies, the waterworks are coming, I'm sure. It's always so emotional - but in the best of ways. More from me later!

Love, your favorite tenderhearted crybaby (and one of the best Phi Sig storytellers we know, right, ladies? says Lisa),

Nash

No comments: