Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stef's blog... and time to go to bed

From Stefanie Hutchison, Foundation Director of Special Events:

I am so tired... have yet to blog, so here goes.... Today was spent at one of my favorite sports, ping pong/table tennis, as I noticed the hard-core players call it. I chased after ping pong balls for seven hours, yet had a blast and met so many wonderful athletes. Roger is my new friend from Team Florida. He competed in the over-70 crowd and almost got the Gold....

Spent the eve at basketball, what a crowd!

Just have to say that these athletes have made my time here.... This has been the most worthwhile experience! I cannot wait to go home and share what I did here, and what it all meant with my family. I will try and explain to my young sons what I did this weekend, yet I am very aware that they just won't yet understand all of this. Someday they will join me here, and hopefully we'll reunite with those whom I have met this weekend and my kids will get to hear firsthand why it was so important for mommy to be gone yet another weekend. Oh, but boys, I brought you a pin....

No comments: