Friday, July 11, 2008

Random thoughts from that Romero girl

It's 10:30 p.m., and a gang of us just run like the wind to catch the very LAST shuttle from the convention center following this evening's (lackluster-because-they-lost, but totally fun) Pirates games. Sweaty, laughing and still out of breath! Now back at the Residence Inn, we've ordered pizzas and fired up the computers for tonight's round of blogs. … I'm working on 1.5 hours of sleep from last night, and yet, among my sisters here in Pitt, I know I have "miles to go before I sleep," haha! It'll be a long night. Isn't it always?

Nash is behind me figuring out right now how to hawk her newest "wares," a pair of Transplant Games soccer bags that everyone here admires appreciatively and agrees will go for BIG bucks next year at LCs or other Foundation events. She also showed us all the letter shirts she brought, and Missy, Erika and the crew have helped her choose which ones to wear on what days. "We've dressed you!" they pronounced. Nash seems most satisfied!

Everyone's psyched about being here, about how many sisters are in Pitt, about the incredibly positive response we're already getting from the athletes and families we've met so far. I'm happy to be here, but I have to say I miss certain sisters from the fabulous Philly contingent, including Heather Kelley! (Beta Rho and Nu are here, I see!) OK, time for someone else to hop on here…. More from me later!

Lisa R.

No comments: