Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hugs from perfect strangers who are like family

DSC01012

From Erin Halye of Gamma Sigma:

My time at the Transplant Games has been a truly rewarding experience. I have been fortunate to meet many heroic people. I began Saturday morning volunteering directing traffic at the raquetball area. Among so many athletes, I met a young woman who was gearing up for her event. What immediately caught my attention as she walked away was her shirt. It read: "My sister, my donor, my hero." It touched my heart and reminded me of all the heroes present at the games.

After leaving racquetball, I spoke to a man and his wife. As we arrived at the Convention Center, he turned to me, tightly embraced me, and simply said, "Thank you for giving your time". It was amazing to know that just being here and having fun could give back to all who inspire me.

No comments: