Sunday, July 13, 2008

Junior Whopper is da bomb!

Kids bball2

FROM Missy, Community 3 Archon AND 3-on-3 basketball coordinator extraordinaire:

OK, so I am not going to say too much about today because it's after midnight, and I'm beyond exhausted. I just finished up my very, very, very long day scoring and timing for 3 on 3 basketball (swimming was in the morning). I can't wait to write my stories about today though. It was a great day! I have to give a brief comment about one of my favorite little athletes, Junior Whopper. Yes, you read that correctly. He has given himself the nickname "Junior Whopper" or "JW" for short. His name is Michael, and he is a basketball player on Team Philly. I will tell you more about this amazing little guy later, but if Team Philly reads this, give Michael a huge hug for me!

OK, since I am in Kim and Katie's room, and they are moving things around and putting stuff away (reminder it is now almost 12:30 am!). I am going to drag myself to bed. I have to wake up at 6 a.m. to get ready for track and field first thing in the morning, as I promised Stef H., our event lead, I would be there ready to scream and yell once more. I also have a 5-hour drive back across the state to Philadelphia tomorrow (today). Thank goodness Lisa R. will be with me, because I might otherwise have slept the whole way. OK, I will definitely write more later because I have a lot of great stories from today. Night!!!

No comments: