Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hello from Sandy! First blog from the Games...

Hello from the Transplant Games! As I sit here in the corner of our booth at the Expo, surrounded by dozens of our Phi Sigma Sigma volunteers, I see our efforts to promote NKF and organ donation in action. Last year, I asked you all to support our participation in the Games through the Founders’ Day $19.13 campaign, and so many of you answered the call. Your donations helped to make these games possible.

Every person here in Pittsburgh has a story to tell. A donor mom, wearing a necklace with a photo of the beautiful teenager she lost too soon, shared her story of turning the tragic loss of her daughter into hope for more than 100 others through organ and tissue donation. When I hear stories like this, I know that our participation here is so relevant to who we are as Phi Sigma Sigmas. Love thy fellow being. Our Founders would be so proud. I know that I am.

Sandy G.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this made me teary....

xo litp, kim monteaux