Sunday, July 13, 2008

"We're really doing something here, girls!"

Hi Phi Sigs! It’s Martha from Beta Pi here to talk about the day’s events. It was AMAZING to meet all the teams at the Expo this morning, and even more so to help out during the swimming events today. But what really took my breath away were the opening ceremonies… there were so many stories, and so many people. The Phi Sigma Sigma Foundation had great seats right up front, and when we turned around, it looked like almost every seat was full. We’re really doing something here, girls!

On a side note, the Beta Pi’s discovered (after other Phi Sigs warned us) that Garmins and other GPS devices really aren’t working very well here. After leaving the Opening Ceremonies, we somehow got lost and ended up on the other side of the river. I admit, I’ve only had my license for a week and before today I’ve only driven in areas that I know very well, so as cautious as I might have been this was bound to happen sometime. We stopped and asked directions and got back to the Convention Center (near it, anyway) and found our way to the hotel from there.

Tomorrow should be a blast- we’re helping out with bowling, one of my favorites! I can’t wait!

LItP
Martha

No comments: