Monday, July 14, 2008

Oops, can't forget track and field ...!

Final blog from Missy (who STILL has a fever, and is still blogging! Talk about dedication):

After getting myself ready Monday morning, I ran to the track and field games to help Stef out as promised. This was a great end to my time here. I got to see my Team Florida basketball players competing in long jump and softball throw. These kids are incredible. I also met Samantha, a superstar long jumper who had a heart transplant. This little athlete is going to go far. I also am going to send Samantha the pic I caught of her in mid-jump. Great job today!

Well, that is the end of my games comments (unless I think of something else I missed). I cannot tell you how much this meant to me attending these games. I met so many incredible people and heard many stories that truly touched me. Phi Sig, thanks for making this possible. I do not care where the next games are being held, I will be there. I just need to remember to take my GPS or pray we do not have as many bridges to cross or road construction to navigate around (oh and sorry again for those who got to experience my off-road driving skills!! : P

Love to all the athletes, donor families and living donors -- and to my Phi Sig sisters who were such an incredible help this weekend!

No comments: