Thursday, July 10, 2008

What Today Brings

Herschede hard at work
Well friends, I made it to Pittsburgh in one piece! Minus a small detour up a mountain in West Virginia, I had a terrific drive into the city!

Each night I'll be posting what the next day has in store for our group. Here goes for Friday:

  • 9:00 am - 3:00 pm: Set up for the Games Expo.
  • 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Expo. The Expo is awesome because it is the place where we get to meet and greet all of the athletes. Teams check in together and then work their way through the booths to get to their "goody bags." The Foundation has a prime location on the aisle right before the athletes make it to their final stop. Our neighbor is Larry Hagman (of Dallas and I Dream of Jeannie fame) so we'll be sure to take some pictures and post more about that soon. Shout out to Michele D. who is the Event Lead for the Expo. She has spent many hours planning and organizing so the rest of us can relax and have a great time. Thank you Michele!
  • 7:00 pm: Pittsburgh Pirates Game. I'm pumped for the game. The Pirates are taking on the St. Louis Cardinals at PNC Park. The Phi Sigs are going to be recognized during the game. For the first few innings I'll be glued to the scoreboard so I can capture our "name in lights!"
Those are the Friday highlights. There is a lot to do and so many people coming in to help us. I'm looking forward to getting started and meeting new friends and seeing old ones.

One thing I'll post more about later is my interest in finding some of the great folks we met in 2006 in Louisville. I'll never forget some of them including David an 8 year old who had a kidney transplant. Today David is 10 and I hope he is at the Games because he brought such inspiration to us all.

More soon.

Katie

No comments: