Saturday, July 12, 2008

Special shout out to all Phi Sigs from Slippery Rock (Zeta Nu)

DSC01011
Hi, everyone! It's Emily from Zeta Nu (Slippery Rock, PA).

One of the greatest prides of Phi Sigma Sigma is our involvement with our national philanthropy, the National Kidney Foundation. It is with great honor and my love for Phi Sigs that I am here at the David Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, PA (my hometown!) volunteering for the Transplant Games.

I am a recent graduate of Slippery Rock University, and a proud member of the Zeta Nu Chapter. My Sapphire Sister, Ashley Hanna, also alum, and I are currently working at the Expo booth. We are registering our lovely sisters from all over the country, and handing out pins. The pins we are distributing are gold, with blue letters and a green ribbon embossed in middle. One of the reasons we have so many pins is because of the pin exchange that is occurring. Each team and/or organization has their own pin, and there sure is a lot of trading going on!

It is such a wonderful experience to be able to contribute so much to our philanthropy, and I am truly grateful for this opportunity, for it gives us the prime time to Aim High! There are all sorts of wonderful people here with brave, honorable, stories and I cannot wait to get the chance to walk around and meet them.

After graduating in May, I often worried that it would be difficult to go from spending so much time with my sisters to hardly seeing them at all and entering the “real world." I am so grateful that, through events like this, I am able to spend time with my sisters, many of whom I have never met, and contribute to such a good cause at the same time. It truly helps sink in the reality that I will never be too far from my sisters, and that it remains true, once a Phi Sig, always a Phi Sig!

No comments: