Saturday, July 12, 2008

Talking about Phi Sig... is rewarding!

DSC01010
I was extremely excited to volunteer this weekend at the Transplant Games. It is a true honor to be here representing the sorority and being able to reach out and help others.

My name is Ashley Hanna and I am currently a third year physical therapy student at Slippery Rock University. I am an alumna of the Zeta Nu chapter and currently serving on the advisory board. Phi Sigma Sigma has opened so many doors for me and given me the opportunity to reach others, and give my services to others.

Only being here a few short hours, the energy and atmosphere is amazing. There are so many donor families, athletes and volunteers from so many different locations. I think the most fun aspect of the games so far is the pin exchange. It is so wonderful getting to meet the families and athletes and learn their stories and tell them a little bit about Phi Sigma Sigma. I’m here volunteering with one of my fellow sisters and it is also a wonderful bonding experience for us to get to work together for this entire weekend.

This is such a rewarding experience. I cannot wait to see what the rest of the weekend has in store.

No comments: